Sunday, May 22, 2011

THE BABYMOON GETAWAY AT ECHO CANYON RESORT

Echo Canyon Resort has been Wes and I's favorite little getaway to sneak off to. This place is AMAZING, WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, RELAXING, ROMANTIC, REFRESHING etc. We have been going to Echo Canyon since 2004. Wes found the little bed and breakfast and booked it for a surprise birthday night for me. We have been going 2 to 3 times a year ever since.

 We usually only stay one night, but we made it into a little two night getaway.



This is our view from our balcony. The B&B is located in the Chickasaw State Park area in Sulphur, OK.
I told you it was Beautiful, Peaceful, Relaxing, Romantic etc.
Joe and Carol are the End Keepers and make you feel so special each and every time.

 
Sorry about the photo. I forgot my camera so I am using my phone...

This is our room. The Marilyn Monroe suite. We have stayed in every room once and a few twice. We like to stay in the “Mansion” part. It's like your own little apartment with out the kitchen. The Beds are so comfortable you will sleep so good. (I miss the place already)

  The Aloha Spa!!!
 In the past I was not able to experience the Spa BUT this time I made sure of it!!
I was not disappointed. I had the “taste of spa” package and added an extra 30 minutes on to the massage.... Well worth it. Oh my Goodness it was a wonderful treat, so relaxing and refreshing. I haven't had a body buff/ scrub before but now that is my new favorite thing.
This is the Lounge Bar area. They have a full service bar with entertaiment.

This is Us after our Dinner at the Baron of Beef- It is the resturant at the bed and breakfast. Joe and Carol are world wide experience culinary chefs that make an AMAZING dinner and breakfast. 

The restaurant over looks the echo canyon. While Wes and I were enjoying the wonderful feast we were able to watch the thunder storm come through and noticed a beautiful Rainbow. It was a nice little touch to the evening.
  
Dinner is 3 course meal. Starts with a delicious salad with homemade salad dressing. Toast with homemade pesto. Main course is Prime cut filet steak, with twice baked potato, sauteed vegetables, grilled shrimp and a little duck
Dessert- It's different every time but I am NEVER disappointed. This time was a wonderful strawberry short cake.
And for the DRINK- I know that sounds weird but they have a Homemade Hibiscus juice with champagne. I didn't get the champagne this time but the juice was good enough.

I recommend having dinner with the Van Horn's at Baron of Beef.

Since we were staying two days We were able to enjoy some alone time and explore the Chickasaw State Park. This is what we did on Friday afternoon.


Wes in front of a sulpher stream... Yep it smelled funny.



I make wes pose for pictures.. As you can tell he has "FUN" with it now.

This is a bridge at Flower Park. In the 1930s these pools were created to use the sulpher water to help with health and beauty. People would come to and rub the sulpher black mudd on there skin to help get rid of there ills. INTERESTING.

This is one of the beautiful spots we found.

we were hiking through some trails.


This is called little niagara. You can go swimming in the springs. The kids were having a Great time here.

The park was a beautiful peaceful place to visit. We really enjoyed our time and little babymoon getaway to Echo Canyon Resort. http://www.echocanyonmanor.com/

Check it out..  You will love it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment