Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pregnant during the Oklahoma Summer (written in a humorous manner)


HELL!! is the only word that I can think of that fits what I feel each day when I walk outside my cool 70* home. I would have it cooler if I didn't have a HUSBAND (hehehe the dogs and I like him so... we will sacrifice) By the time I get done waddling around the house getting ready for work I am already HOT. Then I head to my car and get blasted with HEAT. Ok, Ok it's not that bad in the mornings, BUT it is HOT!!

I work in out-side sales, which means I have different work conditions. I could be worse off I know. I really do feel for all the people that work outside especially the ones that are doing manual labor. If you think about it.... I'm doing manual labor 24/7 so I know EXACTLY how they feel. :)

I have been trying to start my day on making calls early so then I can beat the horrible 2pm and on HEAT. I have managed to do this part of the time. I enjoy my work so I get caught up in it and forget about getting home early until I am sweating and whining. The hard thing about my work conditions is that my car never has a chance to “COOL” down. By the time I get to an account my car hasn't reached the ideal temperature, “cool” yet. Then within minutes of getting out, the inside of my car has already reached 175* (I swear). So this constant in and out wears on you quick, with or without a Bun in the Oven.

My doctor knows about my work situation and lectures me about making sure I am drinking more water than recommended. Which I do, I have noticed the days that I get busy and don't drink that much, it really does make a difference.

I have made it a point to get to a pool at least 2 to 3 times a week. Man does this help me cool down. I have been going to the public pool which I think is not only cooling me down, but gearing me up for having kids. (enough said)

I pray everyday that either there will be a CRAZY COLD FRONT come in or that all the meteorologist on the TV DIE!! I think that is some the hormones coming out... BUT seriously meteorologist watch what you say and how you say it!! I have thought on many different occasions about picking up our big screen television and throwing it out the door, and at that moment I truly believe I could physically pick it up and throw it, like the incredible HULK. Just with out turning green and all.

Mom- to -be: still walking/ working out 6 days a week. All my doctors appointments have been good, nothing serious. I have some swelling when I work to long or don't drink enough water. I have one more 2 week appointment then it's every week.

Dad – to- be: He is great. He has been helping around the house and has become in a way a “Nazi” like when it comes to me “resting” not following Dr. Wes Ritter orders. He has threatened to call Dr. Mills on me. (LOL) He is scooping out the “best” bikes, motorcycles, Big wheels, skater shoes you name it. I think he is excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment