Sunday, June 5, 2011

Breastfeeding Class with Wes

Breastfeeding. Wow when you just mention this word everyone has there opinion and want you to know about it.

I have always planned to breastfeed. After my good friend showed me how she manged to juggle working full time in a high stress job, maintain her composure and household, while still providing for her little girl for the 1st year, that gave me even MORE motivation.

I really do believe the more you know the better it will be. So I signed up for the Free breastfeeding classes that were offered at Deaconess (delivering hospital). When I signed up I asked if other husbands/men usually came to the class. She told me that they are encouraged to go. In my mind that means VERY FEW MEN ARE IN THE CLASS! I told Wes about the class and said husbands are encouraged to go. He said “I will Be There!”

Tuesday night, the week of class, I reminded Wes about the breastfeeding class on Thursday. He said, “I will be there” (Well I have to tell you that I have become MORE ornery through the years and I blame it on WES!! He has taught me well on how to be VERY ORNERY!) This gave me a opening to be ornery, I then proceeded to tell him that I got a letter for the class last week. In the letter it told me that if your “partner” was joining you they needed to bring a BRA. You should have seen the look on his FACE. I'm not sure how I held back laughter, some how I managed. I went with it, saying I guess they want you to get a better understanding on breastfeeding. Now REMEMBER this is our 1st child, we are NEW to this. Wes is a GREAT husband and trooper. He said, “ok, I will be there”

Thursday, the day of the class I completely forgot about the “BRA” thing. I texted Wes to remind him about the class. Here is our conversation.

Me-Btw I have the breastfeeding class tonight

Wes- I'm gonna have to find a bra

(giggling and thinking wes is playing along)
Me- Oh yeah. Will you measure yourself? I can stop and get you one!!

Wes- I don't know how

Me- Measure with your measuring tape around your ribs near your nipples

Wes- 35” not sure what cup size

Me- Great! I have one!!

Wes- what time

Me- it starts at 6:30 at deaconess

This made my day. I was laughing so hard and still thinking he is playing along. When we got home from work while eating dinner I was joking about the text messages. The look on his Face once again priceless. He thought it was some kind of “pregnancy suit” thing to get a better understanding.
We went to the class all the ladies there had there husbands with them. Wes was the A+ student. He was engaging with open discussion and YELLING out the answers. I was surprised and impressed. We learned a lot and I am so thankful to have a husband that cares enough and supports me.

I know that there is no guarantee when it comes to breastfeeding but I am going to give it a shot.

Also, I am IN FOR IT!!! I have set myself up for a nice little payback from WES! He does make me laugh.

Prenatal Classes next week, this should be interesting.


wes doing baby sit ups

cuddling with the baby, He is a natural

No comments:

Post a Comment