Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Ultra sound DAY!!!

March 24th at 2:15 pm Wes and I were at Dr. Mills office both excited to have the 1st look at our Lil Ritter. The Sonographer came and got us to take us back tot the Beautiful room.

If you didn’t know before Wes and I decided to have a Gender Reveal Party. Our plan was to go to the ultrasound look at the baby and then have our Cake Baker (Cathy Weems and Lacy Leonard) call up to the doctor’s office around 3pm to find out the gender.

I am so glad that is how we did it. I gave us the opportunity to really focus on what was really important… Lil Ritter’s Health. It was amazing to see everything. Because I waited until 20 weeks for the ultrasound we were able to see how big Lil Ritter was and all the organs. I know that most parents out there get this, but as a new parent Wes and I were speechless, amazed, in awww! When it came time to “find out” what we were having Wes and I both didn’t look. As we walked into the hall of the office I saw Dr. Mills she was up there visiting because she just had her little baby girl. She was so excited that she went and looked at “the Picture” that the Sonographer had. Now that was TOUGH knowing that the only two people in the world that knew what we were having were standing in front of us with a STRAIGHT POKER FACE. I tell you this because Dr. Mills asked me “So what do you think you are having?” I said, “I am think we are having a Boy, because that is just something I feel. It might be the fact that I know God LOVES to challenge me. Which this is a challenge, because I have sisters growing up No dirty boys in our house, just bows and curling irons. And to know how Wes was growing up… I can already tell you we will have arms in cast during the summer and some sort of reptile pets in the house!!”  Dr. Mills = Poker face.

As we left we heard that the Cake Baker, Cathy Weems was on the phone.. Great someone else in the world KNOWS!

Still at that moment it was one of the coolest days of our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment